Deadline for submitting applications to the Conventions Awards Committee is September 1.
Gail Graham Higher Education Scholarship
This scholarship is being offered in memory of Gail Graham, sister of NNA member Jacy Henk. Recipient must be a member in good standing of NNA/ANA. Must be pursuing a higher degree in nursing. RN to BSN, MSN, DNP, PhD, EdD.
- What is your philosophy of patient safety?
- How does patient safety fit in with the quality of healthcare?
- How can Nebraska nurses influence patient safety through initiatives at the local, regional, state, and national levels?
NNA Member Scholarship
The NNA embraces the belief that we, as members of our professional organization, are committed to developing others in the continuing pursuit of excellence in scholarship, clinical practice, research and professional involvement. To honor that commitment, a NNA Scholarship is made available to nurses enrolled in a Bachelor (must already be an RN), Masters, or Doctorate program in Nursing who possess the ability to assume or continue a leadership role in nursing. Our purpose is to assist 4 NNA members with expenses related to advanced studies in nursing.
Arthur L. Davis Scholarship
Through the generosity of the Arthur L. Davis Publishing Agency, the Nebraska Nurses Association will grant two (2) $500 scholarships to Nebraska pre-licensure nursing students. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A resident of Nebraska
- Enrollment in an accredited nursing program in Nebraska (the nursing program must be accredited).
- 3.0 GPA (official transcripts required; should be emailed/mailed directly from the college/university)
- Completion of at least 12 credits of core nursing science courses (listed as nursing courses on course catalogue or transcript) required by the degree granting institution.
- 2 letters of recommendation (at least 1 from a faculty member)
- An essay of not more than 500 words relating to:
- Future professional nursing goals, and
- How membership in the Nebraska Nurses Association will facilitate achievement of your
professional goals and promotes the profession of nursing?
Scholarship recipients will be recognized during the NNA Annual Conference Awards Banquet in October. Scholarship applicants and recipients are encouraged to attend. Recipients and one guest will have their banquet fee paid for them. All application materials must be received by September 1st. Watch the NNA website for additional scholarship announcements.