Deadline for submitting applications to the Conventions Awards Committee is September 1.
Gail Graham Higher Education Scholarship
This scholarship is being offered in memory of Gail Graham, sister of NNA member Jacy Henk.Recipient must be a member in good standing of NNA/ANA. Must be pursuing a higher degree in nursing. RN to BSN, MSN, DNP, PhD, EdD.
Applicants will need to submit an essay along with other application requirements which will be announced soon.
- What is your philosophy of patient safety?
- How does patient safety fit in with the quality of healthcare?
- How can Nebraska nurses be involved in patient safety and policies that effect patient safety moving forward at the State and National levels?
NNA Member Scholarship
The NNA embraces the belief that we, as members of our professional organization, are committed to developing others in the continuing pursuit of excellence in scholarship, clinical practice, research and professional involvement. To honor that commitment, the NNA Scholarship of $1000 is made available to a member enrolled in a Bachelor, Masters, or Doctoral program in nursing who possess the ability to assume or continue a leadership role in nursing. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist a NNA member with expenses related to advanced studies in nursing. Scholarship selection will be made by the NNA Nursing Professional Development Committee.
Arthur L. Davis Scholarship
Through the generosity of the Arthur L. Davis Publishing Agency, the Nebraska Nurses Association will grant two (2) $500 scholarships to Nebraska pre-licensure nursing students. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A resident of Nebraska
- Enrollment in an accredited nursing program in Nebraska (the nursing program must be accredited).
- 3.0 GPA (official transcripts with a raised seal required)
- Completion of more than 50% of the nursing degree courses required by the degree granting institution.
Scholarship recipients will be recognized during the NNA Annual Conference Awards Banquet in October. Scholarship applicants and recipients are encouraged to attend. Recipients and one guest will have their banquet fee paid for them. All application materials must be received by September 1st. Watch the NNA website for additional scholarship announcements.